**Proposals for content due Sunday 9 December – midnight **
Witnessing the rising return of an ancient guardian, an oily residue slicks the surface:
rainbow and smiling back at you.
The ocean hosts complex meanings, parts unknown and monstrous, a geo-political frontier of our imagination, your every escapist fantasy.
Past, present, and future spiral as one.
Sink into the indefinite depths of your desires.
Issue #38 OCEANS will be Guest Edited by Sydney-based artist Athena Thebus.
We are now open for applications from artists and writers for this OCEANS themed issue.
We are looking for:
– New artworks of any discipline, sound-based works included, that are suitable for the online screen format
– Written poetry or prose of any length
– Written essays of between 1500 – 2500 words, experimental in content or writing style
– All proposals must be for new work created in response to the thematic provocation. Please read previous issues of Runway before submitting a proposal
For written work please send:
– 200 word pitch responding to the theme of Oceans
– 500 word sample of your work
For artworks please send:
– 150 word proposal of the work you will create for this issue
– 3-5 mins of video/sound or 5 images of your previous work
– Proposals due Sunday 9 Dec – midnight
– Content due 20 Feb 2019
– The issue will launch Wednesday 13 March 2019
– Written work will receive between $200-$400 depending on length
– Visual/moving image/sound will receive between $400-$600
SPAM us with your submissions below
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org